In the last couple weeks, the IRS sent out about 80% of theof up to — and it has only five days left to send the rest before the set in the . If you’re still waiting for your first or to arrive, you may be one of the millions of people experiencing problems receiving their payments. Or, you may need to to get your money later this year, or, .
To check the status of your second stimulus check, you can use a free tracking tool from the IRS called Get My Payment, which can let you know if yourwill arrive through , or a — and when it’s getting sent. (You can also .)
The tool can also tell you how much money you can expect to receive (we), and if there are any . But you might also see a confusing error message. We’ll tell you what it means, and what to do. (Here’s how much .)
What you need to know before using the IRS’ Get My Payment tool
The IRS’ payment-tracking tool, called Get My Payment, requires a bit of explanation. Here’s what you should know:
- The IRS updates its status tracking information once a day, overnight.
- If you try to access the tool during a busy period, you may wait in a queue before you can enter your information.
- You’ll need to plug in your Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, date of birth, street address and ZIP or postal code — so have those handy.
- The portal may show your payment status, whether it’s been scheduled, the payment method ( or by mail) and date. It’ll also let you know if the service can’t yet determine your status — more below on error messages.
- The IRS is Read more>> and in batches. If your payment schedule is set, the Get My Payment tool will show you the date…