Happy New Year! As we enter 2019, many of us are going in with fresh intentions and resolutions to make this their best year yet! Cheesiness aside, it is a great time to home in on what’s actually important to you—including what new products you’ll be buying this year.
Here at Reviewed, our staff spends all our time testing and reviewing products, and my team and I know more than a thing or two about finding a good deal, so each and every day we scour the internet for the best sales on popular products. Today we found great deals on hair dryers, mandolines, and other great items that are the perfect way to treat yourself at the beginning of 2019.
1. The best hair dryer at its lowest price ever
A good hair dryer can be life-changing. You typically want one that will cut down your drying time while still leaving your hair sleek and shiny. Thankfully, we found just that after testing the Harry Josh Pro Dyer. After you use the best hair dryer, you seriously won’t go back to the hunk of junk you’ve been using. It’s that good.
This amazing dryer usually costs around $220, which might sound a little pricey. But right now, you can get it for just $169, which we think makes it more than worth it. That’s $15 less than the low price it went for on Black Friday, and the lowest we’ve ever seen. This price is insane and the sale ends today, so if you want a hair dyer upgrade, today is the day to do so.
2. A knife for perfect bread slices
We all love fresh-baked bread, right? And if you’ve ever baked or bought a fresh loaf, you’ve probably dealt with the frustration of trying to cut it with a chef’s knife or a flimsy steak knife. Right now, our favorite serrated bread knife is on sale for $120, down from its usual $150.
I know spending more than $100 might seem like a lot for a bread knife, but it will seriously change your kitchen and your sandwich game. This knife stood out in our tests because it could tear through crusty bread like butter while it also kept slices of soft bread intact.
3. Our favorite mandoline for quick slices
Cutting vegetables is pretty time-consuming and you usually can’t get your slices the right size, making you want to avoid them altogether. But a mandoline produces perfect slices for your ratatouille and crudité and homemade veggie chips in basically no time at all.
Right now, you can get our favorite mandoline at its lowest price. We love this model from KitchenAid because its V-shaped blade sliced through whatever we threw at it and it has five different thickness options. Plus, it’s safer than most thanks a larger-than-average finger guard to rubber feet that keep it from sliding.
4. Charcoal powder for whiter teeth in the new year
Hoping to have a brighter smile in the new year? You might want to try charcoal powder to naturally whiten your teeth. With nearly 18,000 reviews on Amazon and 4.4 out of 5 stars, this charcoal powder is definitely a cult-favorite. Supposedly, the charcoal kicks off a process called adsorption that’s said to help remove stains from teeth naturally. One of our writers tested this powder and unfortunately didn’t see incredible results. But a cosmetic dentist claims results will vary from person to person. Right now, you can get it for one of its lowest prices, so you might as well give it a shot for yourself.
5. Our favorite affordable reusable straws
If one of your resolutions is to be more conscious of your plastic usage and/or your carbon footprint, then one of the simplest ways to start is to ditch plastic straws. These ones from SipWell are the best affordable reusable straws we’ve ever tested and right now they’re back down to their lowest price.
We loved these straws because they were easy to use with water and iced coffee, the metal taste wasn’t apparent while sipping, the material kept drinks colder, and they were easy to clean. They’re perfect to keep in your home or office and you can feel a bit better about your impact on the environment when you sip from them.
Other great sales on the internet
- Anthropologie—Get an extra 40% off sale styles.
- Dermstore—Get 20% off your entire purchase with the code “SILVER.”
- Houzz—Get discounts up to 75% in virtually every category, from rugs and bar stool, or kitchen and bathroom, and more as part of their Year-End Sale.
- JCPenny—Get 20% off your purchase with the code “SALE4” and if you spend $100 or more online, you’ll get 25% off.
- Kate Spade—Take an extra 40% off sale now through Jan. 2 with the code “MOREEXTRA.”
- Kohl’s—Get 20% off your purchase with the code “GET20.”
- L.L.Bean—Get an extra 25% off sale purchases including a few slippers and Bean Boots with the code “EXTRA20.
- Madewell—Get 40% off all sale items when you enter the code “GOBIG” at checkout.
- Nordstrom—Save up to 50% off already discounted sale items.
- Target—Save up to 25% off home and storage items and get an extra 10% off with the code “HOME.”
- Walmart—Save big on end of the year clearance items.
- Wayfair—Get up to 75% end of the year clearance furniture and home decor items.