United States Department of State
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Announcement Number: IMTS-UC-2020-0004
Position Title: Foreign Service Information Management Technical Specialist – Unified Communications
Open Period: September 23, 2020 – October 6, 2020
Salary: $56,728 – $90,342
Promotion Potential: MC
Duty Locations: Department of State Posts – Overseas and Domestic, United States – Many vacancies
Agency Contact Info: IMTSVacancyInfo@state.gov
Who May Apply
Must be a U.S. citizen. Potential applicants should read the entire announcement to ensure that they meet all of the requirements and understand a Foreign Service career. Applicants may not reapply for one year after the previous application for the same position. If a State Department Suitability Review Panel denied suitability in the last two years, you may not apply (except Diplomatic Security Special Agent (SA) candidates whose denial was based solely on the unique requirements for SAs).
Sensitive Compartmented Information
The U.S. Department of State is developing a rank-order list of eligible hires for a limited number of Information Management Technical Specialist – Unified Communications vacancies based on the needs of the Department.
To learn more about the Department of State and a career as a Foreign Service Specialist, please visit us at https://careers.state.gov/
This is a 2882 Foreign Service skill code equivalent to the 0391 series in the Civil Service.
Essential duties of this position include:
- Providing IT solutions including, installing, and maintaining various classified and unclassified telecommunications and computer networks in order to provide reliable, modern digital and voice information processing, distribution, and storage for formal and informal communications.
- Providing applications support including remote and on-site IT support for Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) applications and Department of State and post-specific applications.
- Supporting the Department’s IT projects involving its global IT infrastructure (e.g., Enterprise Integration & Remediation, telecommunications circuit upgrades, IT Modernization, etc.) in order to meet the IT demands of the Department.
- Serving as technical advisor to the IT management and other offices and bureaus concerning technical specialty, equipment selection, installation, and maintenance programs to provide cost-effective, user-friendly communications solutions to the Foreign Affairs community abroad.
- Performing frequent, intensive international travel to provide regional support, VIP travel support, and global crisis support, including planning travel, filing trip reports, and escorting classified equipment…Read more>>