-Three more states to cancel the payment of federal pandemic unemployment benefits this month.
– Some individuals with annual earnings of more than $200,000 have received a stimulus check, the IRS confirms
-Healthcare is now available to those unemployed because of the pandemic. Those interested have until 15 August to take advantage of the benefit.
– The California Comeback Plan will provide a $600 stimulus check to an estimated two-thirds of Californians: who is eligible and what do you need to do to get one?
– US unemployment rate rose slightly to 5.9% in June, despite adding 850,000 jobs. What drove the increase, will federal benefits be extended, and how does the news impact the chance of a fourth stimulus check.
Useful information / links
– The next deadline to opt out of Child Tax Credit monthly payments is Monday 2 August (find out more)
– To help CTC claimants, the IRS has created the Child Tax Credit Update Portal and Child Tax Credit Eligibility Assistant
– Some households may need to file taxes or use the Child Tax Credit Non-filer Sign-up Tool to get payments…Read more>>