If you receive a Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, you will need 2 shots to get the most protection. COVID-19 vaccines are not interchangeable. If you received a Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, you should get the same product for your second shot. You should get your second shot even if you have side effects after the first shot, unless a vaccination provider or your doctor tells you not to get it.
Timing of Your Second Shot
- The timing between your first and second shots depends on which vaccine you received.If you received the:
Scheduling Your Second Shot
- Planning for your second shot is important.
- If you need help scheduling your vaccination appointment for your second shot, contact the location that set up your first appointment.
- If you are having trouble or have questions about using a vaccination management or scheduling system, reach out to the organization that enrolled you in the system. This may be your state or local health department, employer, or vaccination provider.
- Scheduling an appointment for your second shot at the time you get your first shot is recommended, but not required.
- If you need to get your second shot in a location that is different from where you received your first shot (for example, if you moved to a different state or attend school in a different state), there are several ways you can find a vaccine provider for your second dose...Read more>>